Let's talk positivity ...

by - 10:15

I'm going to be talking about the ways I like to stay positive and the tips and tricks I could possibly give to you guys that will help you all become a little bit more positive as well. I have not always been the most positive person! I mean during my early teen years right up until my late teens I went through a heck of a lot (those years were an emotional hurricane and turned me into an emotionally unstable and depressed gremlin!) This definitely shaped me as a person and moulded my thinking into a particular way. I always used to say to myself why did these things happen to me? I thought I was a good person? Why me? There were so many emotions and so many thoughts and things that happened when I was going through all of that. It made me become quite a negative person. 


Today we are not going to be talking about that we are going to talk about my personal 10 favourite ways I have tried, tested and that I love doing on a day-to-day basis. These basically just help me feel more positive, happy and empowered

Whatever you think will happen!

First and foremost I love to start off every day with a positive empowering thought or message about myself or the day. It can literally be anything, something as simple as ''I am strong'' or ''I am beautiful'' or ''today is a great day''. You want to make sure everything you are affirming is positive in your life, you want to be saying that in the present tense. You don't want to be in the past or future tense it has to right now, you've got to almost be living, eating and breathing that feeling in the moment. Saying affirmations like that being the first thing you do when you wake up, really sets the tone for the day. One more thing that I would like to add is that thoughts become things. So if your thinking ''today is going to be a stressful day, it's going to be so bad I don't know how I'm going to do this'' Then 9 times out of 10 that will be a very stressful day and you probably won't get everything done. So you want to make sure that your thoughts are very positive, because whatever you think will happen. If you have ever read The Secret then you may know what I'm talking about. I am talking about The Law of Attraction again I will leave some links at the bottom of the post, but that has definitely changed my life!


Always look on the bright side of life

Looking on the bright side of things has definitely been something that I struggled with and still do struggle with now. I want you to all know that ''I am not positive 100% of the time'' I am human I have my up days, I have my down days and I have my in the middle days. The most important thing about any of these days is your mind you've got to make sure that your thinking is in check. You want to make sure that you are trying to find good in everything that happens to you. Whether that's something like me for example; a couple of months ago I got myself into a very sticky situation and I'm not going to lie, I was quite stressed out and just very emotional about the whole situation. I didn't know what to do. I had to pull myself out of that situation take deep breaths and think to myself at least I have what I have, at least I am fine and here and alive! You've got to try and twist every single situation that may happen to you that is negative or if somethings not as you hoped it to be. You have to put a positive spin on it! 


Keep positive things around you at all times

One of my favourite thing to do is follow positive accounts on social media. I love scrolling through pictures of makeup but I love seeing in between all of that some positive, inspiring and empowering messages. Things like this on a day-to-day basis will literally uplift you and help you with your way of thinking. They're just a little reminder in the day to think more positive. I know there are times where it can be really difficult to stay positive, that's why it's so important for me. I definitely know a lot of other people out there to have those daily positive reminders which will help them be more positive, think more positive and feel more positive. 


Listen to music and binural beats 

One of my favourite ways to instantly uplift me is by listening to music. Now this could be my Spotify playlist, or it could be something I just want to have a boogie to in my room and forget about anything that's happening for the next 5 minutes. It really does bring your energy levels up and it does help you. There is a specific type of music or sound I like to listen to are binural beats. Now I don't know the science behind binural beats as such (I will leave all the information I can find on it at the bottom of the post) but what I do know is that it positively affects your mind. So for these beats I listen to them whether I'm working, cleaning my room, I could literally be doing anything where I just want something in the background. It's really on a sub-conscious level and it helps to just lift your energy. However I do love listening to music and especially binural beats whenever I do want my spirits lifted


Meditate and relax your mind

Seeing as we're on the subject of music and sounds one thing that I've been trying out recently is meditation. Again I am not an expert in meditation. There are so many different ways you can meditate you can use apps which there are quite a few, there are even youtube videos you can watch or listen to and they will all help you mediate. I for one switch things around sometimes I'll use an app and sometimes I'll listen to youtube music. Sometimes I will just sit on my bed, close my eyes and turn all my electronics on aeroplane mode and just concentrate on my breathing for 10 minutes. It sounds really strange and I'm not going to lie it's difficult to just switch off like that. I've struggled so much with it I tried meditating last year and I just couldn't do it but It'd taken me some time to be able to switch off for just 5 minutes, just concentrate on my breathing and empty my mind. It's helped me to become calmer and rid me off a lot of anxiety, doubts and negative feelings I've had within me (reduced them). I would highly recommend you just take 5 or 10 minutes out of your day just to clear your mind, it had done wonders for me. 


Good vibes only - remove yourself from negative things

As you guys all know I'm all about the good vibes. One thing that I have struggled with growing up is that I used to be involved in situations or be around people, be around things that were very negative. That had a negative effect on me as a person, on my mind and in so many different aspects of my life. It wasn't until I slowly removed myself from that is when I started feeling more positive and better within myslef. I felt like a whole load of weight had been dropped from my shoulders, it made me feel so good. So I know there will be certain situations and certain times where things will be very hard and very negative. It's quite difficult to distance yourself  but I not saying to drop people at the click of your fingers. Take your time, you want to work at a pace that suits you but you definitely want to be around people, things and places that are positive and that are good for you


Positive people - energies from people are contagious

Speaking of positive people, this is something I struggled with growing up. I did hang around with people who were very negative at times. It didn't do any good for me! Now it wasn't until I slowly removed myself from any negative people around me that I again started feeling so much better. If you hang around or are with people who are negative there energy is bound to rub off on you. On the other hand, if you are going to be spending your time with positive people there energy is definitely going to be rubbing off on you. So you want to choose the people that you are around with very carefully. I know this is really difficult especially if you're at school or even in the workplace it can be difficult to distance yourselfYour mind is very powerful try and affirm some positive things and it will help you. again I'm not saying this is easy it's no way easy! It's a long process and it's taken me years to be at the place I am now and I'm still learning. I'm still becoming better, so don't feel like you have to become this positive person like right this second as it's a learning process. So start off small and work your way up to bigger things and it will help you in the long run. 


Let go of situations or things you can't control

Just as Elsa said ''let it go''. It's so important to let go of the situations that you cannot control. This is something I try to work on a day to day basis. There are certain situations which really wind me up, which get me so irritated that I've just got to be like; breath and let it go. There is nothing that I can do about it and there's nothing I can change. I'm not only talking about things that are happening in the present but also about things that have happened in the past. You've just got to let it go and the more you do it the easier it becomes. You've needed to form a habit because once you have a habit of just letting things go , things will be so much easier. You can't just flick a switch in your brain and just start thinking positive and get rid of all of that and do this and that. It is a process that takes time. Try as much as you possibly can to let go of the situations that you cannot control.


Self-love is the best love

I'm still learning to love myself more and more every day but there is a saying that I'm sure most of you have heard before ''if you don't love yourself then you can't expect others to love you''. Self-love personally for me is being able to give myself that time and energy and love that I need. whether that's emotional, physically or mentally. Giving myself that metaphorical hug that I need. It's so important to love yourself as a person if you are able to love yourself and to accept yourself  you will be so much more accepting of others and their situations.It helps you become so calm. Self-love is all about knowing what your worth there are so many people out there who will not know and that is absolutely fine. Just make sure your not one of those people who are not knowing your own worth because you deserve the love, the respect, the time and energy you should give yourself. If you don't give it to yourself you can't expect it from other people. So always remember to love yourself!

Smiling is the best accessory

Last but not least is my favourite accessory and that is smiling! Smiling does wonders for me even when I know I'm not having a particularly good day. I will just smile even if I'm just smiling on my walk home from work by myself or passers-by in the street, it just uplifts everyone's mood and energy. There were studies where people who were feeling down were told to smile and they found it does help improve your mood. Smiling is definitely one of those things that you can do just reading this blog or just doing you daily tasks. It will not only help you feel better but everyone else to. 

So there you have it there are my top tips for feeling tip top and positively positive! They help me to lead a positive lifestyle, I really hope that this can help some of you out there. Even if it helps just 2 people I will still be so happy because this is a subject wich is very dear to me and that I feel very passionately about. Please make sure you check ou the links below because there will be some more information down there as well.

The law of attraction - http://www.bonvitastyle.com/law-of-attraction-101-everything-you-need-to-know


You May Also Like

34 comments

  1. Really Really love this.. Even in the midst of hardship and struggles, Positivity is key. Thanks for spreading that positive vibe.

    www.gidokblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the positive feedback, and yes I agree 110% Positivity is always key!

      Delete
  2. Self-love is the main rule. Great,great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the Positive feedback, I'm very happy you enjoyed the post. Yes self love is always the main rule, so true.

      Delete
  3. a great reminder and encouragement to look at the positive side of life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stephenie, always look on the positive side of life, because positivity is the key to happiness, Thankyou for your comment. I'm grateful for the positive feedback.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful list. Sometime in order to stay positive I really need to remove those not so good vibes and people. But it does help so much to improve my mood again. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Thank you for reading this and giving me positive feedback. It's always nice to hear that I've maybe inspired someone to make a positive change in their life. Turn those negative vibes into to positive vibes, with the power of positivity. I promise those positive vibes will improve your mood and make you feel better in yourself, but it will take time. I know you've got this... Many thanks, Cat.

      Delete
  5. Always love positive article. This one is great. Thanks for sharing. Feeling motivated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your positive feedback, I'm glad I could he inspire your motivations.

      Delete
  6. 100% this. Always be positive and rock on, girl.

    http://sweetcleanliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fliss City for the positive feeback, positivity is key.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for spreading positivity.
    Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for the positive feedback, I do feel like spreading the positivity may be my secret calling in life. I'm so happy you enjoyed my post. Don't forget to spread the word...

      Delete
  8. Excellent article Catherine. Positivity is important. Being positive and even trying to be, striving to be, brings its own rewards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vijee I 110% agree with statement. Thankyou for the positive feedback, I'm glad I could maybe inspire a positive message. Please feel free to spread the positivity message, to help bring others those reward too.

      Delete
  9. Wow,am really inspired today.Thanks so much for sharing.you have really made my day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akosua I'm so happy to hear that my post made your day! I'm glad my words have inspired you. thankyou for the feedback, have a positive day!

      Delete
  10. This is a great post.i love it so much.i totally agree with you %100

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Elliot for the positive feedback, much appreciated.

      Delete
  11. This is such a great and so honest post. Huge YES for possitivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always YES to positivity! Thank you Blair for the positive feedback.

      Delete
  12. This was honestly beautiful. I don't like the way I take pictures some times but I like the outlook on positivity in this post. Plus I just adore that picture of the cat!
    Thanks for this babe xoxo <3
    Great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sarah I'm so happy you thought it was beautiful. Thats my Cat Bumble she's 83 in cat years, she is cute. Thankyou for the positive feedback much appreciated. Have a positive day.

      Delete
  13. Great positive and useful tips you have given. I always look at the bright side of things, sometimes even when no one else can... Most of the times it really helps with being positive and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rita I'm glad you like them, I try to inspire positivity in every aspect of my life. I'm always trying to spread the positivity message. Have a positive day :)

      Delete
  14. These are such good tips! I loved reading this post so much

    Www.shivonstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siobhan, for taking the time out of your day to read this. Also thanks for the positive feedback, i'm glad you've loved reading this. Have a positive day!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I'm very glad you enjoyed my photographic skills, I do love to take photos... Have a positive day!

      Delete
  16. Oh I love this post! All of the points are so so true and I try to live by these 'rules' each day. I have not heard much about binural beats though, will check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thankyou nadine for taking the time out of your day to read and comment. I'm glad you like the post, i'm glad we agree with the positive vibes. You should check out binaural beats, they have loads of different ones on youtube. Have a positive day!

      Delete

Pages