Being body confident & beautiful

by - 06:00

Today our topic is body image. Now I know for a fact that no matter where you are, who you are, how old you are, where you live or where you're from this is something that you would have thought about in your life, at some point or maybe even various points in your life. I wanted to share with everyone a few points that I think you should all know about body image. Hopefully this post might shed some light and maybe remind you of some things you might already know. Some of the stuff I’m going to touch on I think a lot of people know already but sometimes we need reminders.


You don't owe them anything
You don't owe anybody on this planet, 'pretty' or society's bench mark of the perfect body. If anyone tries to be offensive to you about the way that you look, the way that you carry yourself or just the way that you are, you have every right not to take on board whatever they say! You have every right to ignore it especially if it's offensive or rude. So, anyone who expects you to look a certain way or act a certain way, you must just have it in the back of your mind that you don’t owe them anything! I say the best thing to do is to ignore them it might be very difficult, especially in the working environment or at school and people are bullying you based on the way that you look or if you're online, you don't owe them anything. You can't put your energy there, especially when your energy could be going somewhere else that could be bettering yourself. I think that the only time when it is necessary to respond or in general put energy in that direction, is only when you feel it’s necessary to educate them. For example, if they're being ignorant or they don't know something, and if you feel you want to educate them, that's the only time you should give your energy. Other than that, you should just ignore them because again you don't owe them anything!


Nobody is perfect 
Now this one I know for a fact that a lot of you know we are force fed involuntary images of what the perfect body should look like and what the perfect person should look like, I could go one but were constantly being fed by this stuff. Through social media, television programs and magazines. So, I can see a lot of this stuff happening on social media, Instagram, twitter and Facebook. Constantly being bombarded with what society is trying to tell us that the perfect image or person should look like and I keep trying to stress this. This stuff is so untrue because people don't look like that! They don't there's a lot of retouching that goes into magazine covers, these billboards that you see. People are normal like you and I, we have stretch marks and we have pigmentation, so nobody is perfect we all have flaws. I for one am very hairy but the thing is I wax now, I just get rid of the hair. I also have a very large head but you know what I realized there is a very good brain in there. I used to have many insecurities and you might be thinking how did you overcome them? I just realized that I am me and these features and all of these flaws they make me who I am and I like who I am!


Celebrate your body
Have things you like about your body, celebrate them and pay no mind to those people who always say things like 'who does she think she is?' She's obviously going to think that she's herself do you want her to think she, is you? Probably not! Celebrate with those people who are celebrating their own confidence and the things that they love about themselves. If there are things that you don't like about yourself and you've thought long and hard about this then find a healthy way to change those. If you want to lose a couple of pounds, find a very healthy lifestyle to stick to don't do those fad dieting things where you must go to extreme measures to lose weight. Find something that you can fit into or around your lifestyle, do exercise that's going to help your body. Try your best seek professional advice.


You don't get body confident by knocking another body type down
I've seen it a lot when people would say things like for example; 'big girls rock' and then go on and say something horrible or mean and offensive about a naturally skinny girl. Now everybody's born differently, everybody has a different metabolism and everybody has different genes. There's people who are born naturally larger and some people who born naturally thin. There's people who work towards being thin and some people who work towards becoming larger. It makes no sense being offensive.


Look after your mind
Be good to your mind because you might not know this but your mind plays a very big part. If you are spending time and focusing on having positive thoughts about yourself, it's going to trigger a positive outlook on your confidence. It's eventually going to get to the point where you have confidence in your body and your image. Don't waste any time thinking negatively about yourself and other people and don't waste time on stressing about the insecurities. Rather focus on the things that you have going for you and you will get to a point where you feel body confident. I might not look like society's definition of pretty but that doesn't matter because I like myself. Forget all those people and all those negative nagging thoughts, put them to the side because your body confident and beautiful!






You May Also Like

0 comments

Pages